was moved from cleanup to the five-hole

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

was moved from cleanup to the five-hole

jlsalh21
JOSE ALTUVE: Well, first of all. Thanks, Hank. I'm more nervous now than I was yesterday while I was playing. I don't know why. But I feel blessed to be here. I thank God for the opportunity to be sitting Mike Piazza Youth Jersey here with Giancarlo with the Commissioner and Mr. Hank. What can I say? Thanks to all the Hall of Famers and fans, that made this dream come true. This is so important for me.

And even more that I'm in uniform. Nothing against you, Giancarlo, but this means a lot for me to win this award and be in my jersey, still playing for my city back in Houston. And thanks again. (Applause.)

GIANCARLO STANTON: I'd like to thank the voters and Hank for his kind words and always supporting me. Yeah, it's my second one, but it's just as special. And just hearing from all the old-school players on what type Pedro Baez Youth Jersey of player Hank was and the attitude he brought, it's similar to how I design my game. So I appreciate it and it's a great honor for me. (Applause.)

HANK AARON: I know Altuve, he's got to leave. If you've got some questions for him, he would like to answer them so he can get back to his team.

Q. Jose, I want to ask you, when you were a young child growing up, what did you think when you heard the name Hank Aaron?

JOSE ALTUVE: 755 homers, is what he's here to say, that he hit 755 homers, believe it.

Q. Jose, accepting this award, Rich Hill Youth Jersey does it give you confidence going into Game 2?

JOSE ALTUVE: Tough question. Yesterday was a great game. In the end they won. We've got to go with the same attitude that we've had all season long. We have one of the best pitchers today on the mound, and that's what I think that gives me a little confidence, Justin Verlander who works hard, a hundred percent every day. And it's really fun to play behind him.

Q. Jose, how tall do you feel right now next to this gentleman?

JOSE ALTUVE: Super tall (laughter). Taller than any other day.

Q. No matter who hands you that wonderful award, just talk about how special it is to receive from him.

JOSE ALTUVE: It's really special. Rob Segedin Youth Jersey And I really need to thank him for what he just said about me. I really appreciate it. It's nothing that I can say more about this guy that any of you guys don't know. You all know what he did, 755 homers, that is crazy.

And I also want to thank these three gentlemen right here from the Houston Astros. It's a great organization. I appreciate everything they have done from me. Craig, coming down to the field every single day and talking to me. When I don't feel really good, he comes to me, make me feel way better, and he brings me back the energy that I need to play. Thank you,