his first two postseason games this month

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

his first two postseason games this month

jlsalh21
"Playing here has been something incredible for me and the experience has been great," said Jimenez through interpreter Billy Russo. "The atmosphere here is very good. The fans support you, cheer for you, and it is Scott Feldman Youth Jersey crazy because they say all kinds of things.

"They don't stop for anything. The pitchers here have quality stuff. Right now, my purpose is to keep working hard, finish strong here and start or end the next season in the United States in the Major Leagues."

Jimenez already has earned Player of the Week honors in his short time in the Dominican Winter League. Acquired from the Cubs as part of a five-player deal sending Jose Quintana to the North Side, Tony Kemp Youth Jersey Jimenez hit .312 with 19 homers and 65 RBIs over his 2017 Minor League season.

"It was something I visualized a long time ago, even before the season started," said Jimenez of his Player of the Week nod. "It is a dream come true and I'm confident this one is the first one of many to come, with God's will. I'll keep working hard."Banfield laid to rest much of the concern about his lack of hitting over the summer with a strong offensive showing for Team Prime Elite, Tony Sipp Youth Jersey including an impressive 2-for-3 performance in his team's opening game. The Vandy commit continues to stand out more for his defensive prowess, with elite catch-and-throw skills and innate feel for framing that separates him from his peers behind the plate.
Arguably the top pitching prospect to take the mound at this year's PG WWBA WC, Beck's top fastball of 96 mph in his Day 3 start for Canes National proved the best velocity in the event. The 6-foot-6, 185-pound righty, a Vandy recruit, was consistently 93-94 mph in the first inning before working at 90-93 mph in his second and final frame. He struggled to command his heater in the outing, often missing above the zone or off the plate to his glove side, but the sheer velocity from such a projectable frame and easy delivery offers plenty on which to dream.
Barco, Will Harris Youth Jersey a Virginia recruit, dazzled in his start for Braves Scout Team/East Cobb, posting seven strikeouts against zero walks over three scoreless innings. What's more, the 6-foot-4, 205-pound southpaw showed present command of a low-90s fastball that reached 93 mph, all while effectively mixing in sharp slider in the low-80s as well as a fading changeup. It was yet another impressive performance from Barco, who already is viewed as one of top prep hurlers in the Class of 2019.

Winn, a Mississippi State commit, took the loss in his start for the Houston Astros Scout Team/Elite Squad despite giving up one run on two hits with five strikeouts in three innings. His top fastball velocity of 93.9 mph was the eighth-best in the event, while his 92.1 mph average velocity ranked second among all hurlers. The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder posted max spin rates of 2500-plus rpm Yulieski Gurriel Youth Jersey with both his fastball and curveball in the outing.Loaded with projection at 6-foot-3, 194 pounds, Thompson posted the event's third best velocity of 94.9 mph while sitting 92-94 with an impressive, late-breaking 80-83 mph curveball for the Banditos Scout Team. The Texas A&M recruit struck out a pair and allowed three hits over 1 2/3 scoreless innings on Day 3, and then he tacked on 10 more strikeouts while tossing 4 1/3 innings on the event's final day. Though he struggled with his control in both outings, Thompson's all-around package of size, athleticism and present stuff give him one of the highest ceilings in the Class of 2019.